The last seven months have been tough and great all at the same time. Due to some stuff in my personal life in October, I hit an all time low. I was emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually drained. I'm talking running on fumes and then stranded on the side of the road low. But........................
You wanna know what I found in that darkness? What I found in that pit? The ultimate love of Jesus! Through a combination of my precious friends, amazing family, and fresh words from God through scripture and through The Grove at Passion City Church I realized a few things. I would like to share them (or document them) here so that I can have a written reminder of who God really is.
- We are all rooted in something. I was rooted in insecurity, my past failures, in other people. But what we must be rooted in is Jesus and in the Word of God. If you're truly rooted, when the storms of life come you will not be moved.
- Psalm 52:8 says that we are an olive tree planted in the house of God. You know what I learned about an olive tree? That even if it's cut down to the roots, it can still regenerate. That it will grow and flourish again as long as the roots are in place. Can I tell you that life and situations had cut me all the way to my roots and was starting to work on my roots? But God had me! And I am starting to regenerate, to grow, and flourish yet again!
- God's love is wider and deeper than anything we have ever done. Jesus is a relentless pursuer of the heart and he will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give up on you!
- When I am going through struggles, it is NOT meaningless. God has a purpose! He is going to bring me through the issues, not over them. And He is going to be right there beside me every step of the way!
- Even when you are living in a desert, God always provides a river. I am thankful that God provided a river for me!
- We flourish in spite of our circumstances by worshipping. Worship says to Satan that he can't take our trust in Jesus! He can't take our joy in the Lord! In that worship, we exchange our issues for the beauty of God and He gives us beauty for our ashes. (Isaiah 61:3)
- I flourish by taking a deep breath and letting it all go. It's HIS spirit working in me! He is replacing my ashes with beauty!
- In my waiting, I don't have to fix it all. Jesus has already done that. He has already won! Why do I doubt?
If you are walking through a dark place, find a quiet place and play these songs. Let the love of Jesus wrap around you!